I think that the time for Network Diagrams is coming to a close.
1. It takes large amounts of time ( and thus money) to produce diagrams.
2. Maintaining diagrams is difficult, costly and something that should be automated.
3. Networks are not static today. Overlays, IPsec Tunnels, VMs, virtual appliances. How can a diagram stay up to date with manual changes.
4. A diagram is better than nothing but anything is better than a diagram.
5. Who extracts value from a diagram ? Executives, project managers ? (Of course, you do but mostly that a by product of writing it down . . .
This content is Premium Content.
So What’s In The Premium Tier of Ignition Membership
First, you can support us to keep producing great podcasts. We rely on sponsors today but would like to have more independence.
Second, we are developing a variety of content. Courses on network design principles, or a how-to guide on packet capture and analysis, or an introduction to automation for networking. The focus is advanced design, strategy and analysis to support your career. We will be testing different things here to find what works.
We always have an eye to the future, we’ll continue to focus on emerging technologies, industry developments, and new ideas in networking and IT. Greg Ferro will be analysing the trends, strategies and movement
We’ll have ideas for member-only podcasts, white papers, and digital downloads, some created by the Packet Pushers team and some by experts in their fields.
Are You Selling Or Sharing My Information? - No. We don’t sell or share details with anyone (except as necessary for processing credit card transactions).
Problems / Questions ? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USD$99 for 12 months access.