I think that the time for Network Diagrams is coming to a close.
1. It takes large amounts of time ( and thus money) to produce diagrams.
2. Maintaining diagrams is difficult, costly and something that should be automated.
3. Networks are not static today. Overlays, IPsec Tunnels, VMs, virtual appliances. How can a diagram stay up to date with manual changes.
4. A diagram is better than nothing but anything is better than a diagram.
5. Who extracts value from a diagram ? Executives, project managers ? (Of course, you do but mostly that a by product of writing it down . . .
This Members Only Content but its in the Free Tier.
So What’s In The Free Tier of Ignition Membership
We are working a variety of content. A course on network design principles, or a how-to guide on packet capture and analysis, or an introduction to automation for networking. The focus is advanced design, strategy and analysis to support your career.
We always have an eye to the future, we’ll continue to focus on emerging technologies, industry developments, and new ideas in networking and IT. Greg Ferro will be analysing the trends, strategies and movement
We’ll have ideas for member-only podcasts, white papers, and digital downloads, some created by the Packet Pushers team and some by experts in their fields.
Are You Selling Or Sharing My Information? - No. We don’t sell or share details with anyone (except as necessary for processing credit card transactions).
Problems / Questions ? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.